Home Energy Calculation / Software Applications
Energy Costs Calculator
A program allowing you to record the consumption of electricity, water, gas and heating oil for your home. Supplying you with the information to easily identify the causes for high electricity bills.
The clearly arranged, graphical analyses make it possible to compare the data to track changes related to the resource consumption, ("Are we more efficient?").
The program also has a cost calculator for electricity and water, allowing an efficient and easy calculation of the resource consumption of a selectable appliance.
In addition, the software has many tips on energy savings which will allow you to reduce monthly expenditure on electricity, water, gas and heating oil.
Energy Costs Calculator features at a glance:
- Recording of consumption of electricity, water, gas & heating oil
- Calculation of consumption and the cost of electricity and water
- Many opportunities to create a transparent, graphical summary of stored data
- Ability to print the single entries and all analyses
- Many tips on energy savings are included
- Integrated help system
- Automatic program updates (deactivation is possible)
- Multilingual (at the moment English, German and Polish)
- Intuitive program interface
- Free e-mail support in case of problems or questions
- Minor updates of full version for free
See our example annual calculations using this great application, for the cost of a kettle used for 1 hour a day and garden watering of 20 litres a day HERE.
Download your free version of ENERGY COSTS CALCULATOR [654 KB Zip File]. This is the free non-trial abbreviated version. Once your copy is downloaded, any further upgrade will update you automatically to the extended trial version, via the creators website. The extended trial version also includes extra monitoring for gas and heating oil.
FYI - 1 cubic meter of water is equal to a 1000 litres.
NREL's PVWatts® Calculator
This is the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's Estimates the energy cost and production for grid-connected photovoltaic (PV) energy systems installed anywhere in the world. This calculator allows homeowners, small building owners, installers and manufacturers to easily create estimates of the performance of potential PV installations.
To learn more visit PV WATT CALCULATOR
The SAM Model combines detailed performance modeling with detailed finance modeling, cost data, detailed incentive abilities and a robust user interface to create a full system analysis tool for PV and CSP technologies.
To learn more visit SAM
Aussie Home Energy - Residential Home Energy & CO2 Calculators