Home Energy Calculation / Software Applications
Energy Costs Calculator
Record your consumption of electricity, water, gas and heating oil for the home. Easily identify causes for high electricity bills.
Graphical analyses make it possible to compare data and track changes related to appliances.
Included are many tips on how to save energy. The features include:
- Recording of consumption of electricity, water, gas and oil
- Calculation of consumption and the cost of electricity and water
- Many opportunities to create a transparent, graphical summary of stored data
- Ability to print the single entries and all analyses
- Many tips on energy savings are included
- Integrated help system
- Automatic program updates (deactivation is possible)
- Multilingual (at the moment English, German and Polish)
- Intuitive program interface
- Free e-mail support in case of problems or questions
- Minor updates of full version for free
See this example annual calculation, for the cost of a kettle used for 1 hour a day and garden watering of 20 litres a day HERE.
Download your free version of ENERGY COSTS CALCULATOR [654 KB Zip File]. Once your copy is downloaded, any further upgrade will update you automatically to the extended trial version, via the creators website.
FYI : 1 cubic meter of water is equal to a 1000 litres.
NREL's PVWatts® Calculator
This National Renewable Energy Laboratory's calculator estimates the energy cost and production for grid connected photovoltaic (PV) solar energy systems installed anywhere in the world. Allowing homeowners, small building owners, installers and manufacturers to easily create estimates of the performance of potential solar power installation.
To learn more visit PV WATT CALCULATOR
The SAM Model combines detailed performance modeling with detailed finance modeling, cost data, detailed incentive abilities and a robust user interface to create a full system analysis tool for PV and CSP technologies.
To learn more visit SAM
Aussie Home Energy : Residential Home Energy & CO2 Calculators